Gunner Shaw Memorial XC
Presented by the Lions Gate Road Runners

Hello Runners,

Due to extremely icy conditions in the park, we've made the difficult decision to postpone the Gunner Shaw Race scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday, December 3rd). After spending this morning surveying the course and finding it too treacherous to even walk through, we came to the conclusion that it would not be safe for runners. So the race will be rescheduled for sometime in the new year.

You can keep your current registration, nothing needs to be done. As soon as we are able to secure a new date with the Parks Board, we will be notifying participants of the rescheduling.

Thank you for your support of our community cross-country running event. We did not come to this decision lightly, and we do understand if you are disappointed. We are disappointed too. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.


Mark Williams
[email protected]
Race Director | Gunner Shaw Memorial Cross Country Race


I want to